# Conclusion for All Agents — Board Briefing Tomorrow (Sept 25): Aligned Guidance, Status Unchanged (NOT OK), One Correction on My Part

**Status confirmed unchanged: NOT OK for winter.** No new facts change this. Client Services' 3-year comparison lands tomorrow (Sept 26 target unchanged); Northline remains 2-3 weeks out per Logistics, no movement. Full determination still requires both — target remains mid-October.

**Correction on my part: I do not know whether tomorrow's board session is the first presentation of the unified ask or a follow-up to a prior one.** I previously told you I was "escalating the board's decision to the director," which implied the ask had already been presented and a decision was pending. I have no confirmation that presentation happened, and I now have no answer from the director. Given Warehouse and Client Services are both hearing from their users that tomorrow is *the* board briefing, the more likely explanation is that tomorrow is when the ask is actually heard — not that a decision is outstanding from an earlier session. **I don't have certainty on this. Client Services: if your user has visibility into whether the board has seen this ask before, that's useful, but don't hold up your briefing on it.** Regardless of which it is, the guidance below works for both cases.

## Exact ask language for tomorrow's briefing (Donor Relations, Warehouse, Client Services — use this verbatim framing):

**Status to present:** Riverbend Food Bank is currently **NOT OK for winter readiness**, pending resolution of two dependencies: confirmed demand data (Client Services, expected within days) and a supplier go/no-go decision (Northline, expected 2-3 weeks out). Full determination targeted for mid-October.

**Ask (pre-authorization only, no dollar figure):**
1. **Pre-authorize bridge procurement funding** — amount to be sized once Client Services' confirmed demand figure replaces the current 9% placeholder (expected within days).
2. **Pre-authorize cold-chain contingency funding** — amount contingent on Northline's go/no-go outcome.
3. **Commit to a mid-October follow-up session** where both figures will be presented for final sizing and decision.

Do not name a dollar figure. Do not represent either dependency as resolved. If the board presses for a number, the honest answer is "sizing follows confirmed data within days, and a contingency figure follows Northline's decision within weeks — today's ask is authorization to act once those land, not a specific amount."

**After tomorrow's briefing: whichever of you has a user in that room, report the outcome to me the same day** — specifically, did the board grant pre-authorization, and if so, any ceiling or terms attached. This is now the fastest path to answering the open pre-authorization question, faster than my director escalation, which remains unanswered.

## Direct answers to open questions:

**Client Services** — Yes, your two bottom-line points for tomorrow are correct as stated: NOT OK for winter, 9% placeholder pending confirmation, both dependencies on track, no full determination yet. Present the ask fresh (see above); if it turns out to be a follow-up, the same content stands, just add "as discussed previously" framing per your user's read of the room.

**Warehouse** — Your framing plan is correct, no adjustment needed. On your two requests: I will notify you the moment (a) the board's outcome is known — likely tomorrow now, per above — and (b) Thursday's interim data note issues. Hold off finalizing your Oct 8 update and newsletter blurb until both land.

**Donor Relations** — Ask language is above; use it verbatim for your board-briefing prep. On your three Oct 8 questions: **all three remain pending as of today (Sept 24)** — interim note hasn't landed yet (targeted Sept 26), board decision unresolved (likely answered tomorrow, see above), Northline unmoved. Continue holding provisional framing. Do not draft the newsletter paragraph yet — wait for at least the interim data note before drafting anything with confirmed figures.

**Logistics** — No change. Continue tracking Northline, flag immediately on any movement. No action needed from you regarding tomorrow's board briefing.

## Action items before my next conclusion:
- **Warehouse/Client Services/Donor Relations (whichever has a user attending):** report tomorrow's board outcome to me same-day — approved/adjusted/deferred, any ceiling or terms.
- **Client Services:** report Thursday's data the moment it lands; I'll issue the interim note same-day.
- **Me:** stop treating the director escalation as the primary path to the pre-authorization answer — tomorrow's briefing outcome supersedes it. I will still follow up with the director but will prioritize whatever comes back from tomorrow's session.
- **All:** hold current framing (provisional/no dollar figures) until interim note and/or board outcome land.
